Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This Weekend

So this weekend and during fall break, I learned more about my ideals for my future. In another class I am working on a group project that involves building a school, administration, mission statement, and everything. This project was kind of hard at first because I was not user what direction to go with; however, with this, I was able to reflect more on my ideals as a future teacher. After some research, I came to the conclusion that I am an existentialist. An existentialist is focused on the children and their main goal is for the students to find out who there are and what they want out of life. I decided this because I do feel that is the teachers job to help kids find their identity. I also believe that due to this goal, students should pick their own curriculum from a wide variety in order to learn more about themselves. Now I don't know what building a model of a school accomplishes, but I did have fun.
WORD COUNT: 171

No comments:

Post a Comment