Monday, October 26, 2009

Let's talk about monsters!


I've talked about the hero perspective of the class and now I wanted to take a minute to talk about the monster aspect. When I first saw this video I was truly entertained; however after being in this class it really made me think. Wouldn't it be nice if all kids thought this way about monsters? This kid seems to have no fear of monsters at all; unfortunately she is oblivious to the language she is using as well, but I progress. I know that when I was a child I was afraid of monsters in the closet, under the bed, down the hall, and in the bathroom. If I only had the confidence of this kid maybe I wouldn't be afraid of the dark now. Yes, it is sad. I am still afraid of the dark. Where do children get the ideas of monsters? Perhaps they get them from movies, books, or scary stories. This child seems to be an exception. Maybe she watched action movies instead of scary movies which shows the bad guy always getting beat up. Maybe this says something about the content of entertainment parents should provide their children with.
WORD COUNT: 195

No comments:

Post a Comment