Monday, November 2, 2009

Outside Activity 3

This weekend I went with my boyfriend to see "Twelve Angry Jurors." FYI if you do not purchase a ticket and just get on the waiting list, you do not have to pay. So it was good entertainment for free.

I really enjoyed this play a lot. The acting was very good and so was the image behind it. After discussing it with my boyfriend on the way home, he brought up a very good question that made me reflect on society. How many jury committees rush through a trial because they have other things to do? I found this very interesting, because it would be easier for someone to just agree with a group in order to move on, especially when you do not know the person being effected by your decision. I admired the woman juror who stood up for her beliefs. She did not have a reason to doubt the guilt but wanted to discuss it any way. If she had not than they would not have found out that the victim was not guilty. The behavior of the other jurors and their motives make me question how we run things in courts. Who is to say that this does not happen? Most people dread getting letters for jury duty any way. You never hear someone who got jury duty say, "Yeah! Now I get to go spend days in a court room listening and being quite."
WORD COUNT: 240

No comments:

Post a Comment