Sunday, November 15, 2009

Outside Activity 4

This weekend I went to Burke's Book Store to listen to students from a different college read creative writings that they wrote themselves. It was very interesting; however, when poetry was read I got a little lost. I'm not much or a poetic person so most of the time it was over my head. The fiction stories were very enjoyable. I liked the first one read the best. The girl was very talented. I noticed a big difference in the way that I would write compared to her. She used a lot of details, adjectives, and different uses of language. There was a lot of fowl language which I appreciated because I was able to relate to it better since that language is used everyday anyway. The second fiction story that was told by the last reader was also a well written story. It too used very descriptive words which I was able to follow and visualize while listening. Our guest in Memphis were very talented and I enjoyed the experience a lot.
WORD COUNT: 173

No comments:

Post a Comment